2019 Youth Tour
Opportunity of a Lifetime in D.C.
Attention high school students! If you have always wanted to visit Washington, D.C., you have a chance to take a trip-of-a-lifetime this summer! The chosen representative(s) from DEC’s service area will travel to Washington, D.C., along with 1,800 other students from Touchstone Energy® Cooperatives throughout the U.S. and take part in the Rural Electric Youth Tour in June 13-20, 2019.
- Lincoln Memorial
- National Cathedral
- White House
- FDR Memorial
- Smithsonian Air and Space Museum
- Arlington National Cemetery
- Tomb of the
- Unknown Soldier
- Vietnam Veterans Memorial
How to Qualify:
- Students may apply if they live in Beadle, Hand or Hyde Counties.
- Students must be a high school sophomore, junior or senior.
- Students must complete a 600-word essay on a topic chosen by DEC personnel.